Mark has over 20 years of professional experience serving as a personal financial planner to individuals and families throughout the United States, assisting them in the areas of retirement and investment planning. As a Managing Director at Miracle Mile Advisors, he is known for taking a collaborative approach with clients, integrating deep listening and empathy with a coaching mindset matched by a strong set of technical skills in financial planning and investment management.
Prior to joining Miracle Mile, Mark was the Executive Vice President and Chief Investment Officer of Johnstone Financial Advisors, an independent financial advisory firm where he managed the advisory and trading departments.
Mark earned his Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering Technology from the California Maritime Academy. He holds the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA®) designations. Mark was awarded the West Linn Tidings’ Citizen of the Year award in 2005, and the Clackamas County Tourism Development Council Chairman’s Award in 2006.
- Holds the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) and Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA®) designations
- West Linn Tidings’ Citizen of the Year (2005)
- Clackamas County Tourism Development Council Chairman’s Award (2006)
There is more than
meets the eye.
- Sailed around the world with his family aboard Pandora, a fifty-foot sloop, when he was 6 years old
- Took his ocean skills and applied them to Waveski surfing, a sport popular in Australia for riding waves atop a modified kayak
- In 2014 completed an Iron Man Triathlon (2.4-mile swim, 112-mile bike, 26- mile run) in 14 hours, 9 minutes and 11 seconds in Coeur D’Alene, Idaho