OPEN POSITION AT
MIRACLE MILE ADVISORS
DIRECTOR OF ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENTS Los Angeles
A Unique Opportunity at Miracle Mile Advisors – an award-winning independent RIA with an amazing culture and national footprint.
Miracle Mile Advisors is an independent, nationally-ranked investment advisory firm with offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Portland, Chicago, and more. We specialize in providing sophisticated financial planning and investment advice to high-net-worth families and we love what we do. Our firm has received numerous awards and we are featured in Forbes, Barron’s, CNBC, and other top media outlets. We have also been named a Best Place to Work by Investment News and Inc. Magazine multiple years in a row. As the firm rapidly expands, we have some amazing career opportunities for self-motivated, team-oriented professionals.
Are you passionate about the world of finance and investments? Do you thrive on analyzing complex market trends and devising
winning strategies? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our dynamic team in the Los Angeles office. Miracle Mile Advisors is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Alternative Investments. As the Director of Alternatives, you will
play a pivotal role in guiding our investment decisions and shaping our alternative investment strategy provided by the investment team. With a focus on communicating rational and ongoing updates to advisors, you will provide valuable insights, analysis, and recommendations on alternatives.
You will work closely with our management team and will report to the Chief Investment Officer. The ideal candidate is highly skilled in investment principles, possesses strong analytical abilities, and thrives in a fast-paced, client-focused environment. The Director of Alternative Investments plays a crucial role in managing and overseeing the due diligence and manager selection processes within the alternative investment space. Alternative investments typically include assets such as private equity, hedge funds, real estate, infrastructure, and other non-traditional investment vehicles.
- Conduct in-depth research and analysis of the alternative investment marketplace, including private equity, private credit, and real assets such as real estate, keep abreast of economic indicators, geopolitical events, and industry trends to identify potential opportunities and risks.
- Identify and screen potential investment managers or funds based on specific investment criteria.
- Evaluate the track record, performance history, and reputation of potential managers.
- Perform thorough due diligence on selected investment opportunities to assess their viability.
- Analyze financial statements, investment strategies, risk management practices, and operational processes of potential investments.
- Evaluate the legal and regulatory compliance of investment managers and their funds.
- Stay at the forefront of investment trends and industry best practices. Contribute to the development of thought leadership content, market insights, and educational materials to enrich our clients’ understanding of investment opportunities.
- Provide expert advice on asset allocation, portfolio construction, and risk management techniques.
- Produce detailed reports, presentations, and investment commentaries for clients and internal use.
- Monitor and evaluate investment performance, making recommendations for adjustments as necessary.
- Collaborate with portfolio managers, financial advisors, and other stakeholders to develop comprehensive alternative investment
solutions for clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or a related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) designation is required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in investment management, ideally focused on alternatives and preferably within a wealth management or asset management firm.
- Strong knowledge of financial markets, investment vehicles, and portfolio management principles.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively articulate investment concepts to clients and colleagues.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Proven expertise in developing investment strategies and delivering superior investment results.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data.
- Compliance-oriented mindset with a thorough understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
Other Relevant Information
- This is a full-time position based in Los Angeles, CA.
- This position will be primarily in the West Los Angeles office.
- This position may require occasional travel.
- Salary range: $175,000-$200,000