OPEN POSITION AT
MIRACLE MILE ADVISORS
CHIEF INVESTMENT OFFICER LOS ANGELES, SAUSALITO, OR SEATTLE
A Unique Opportunity at Miracle Mile Advisors – an award-winning independent RIA with an amazing culture and national footprint.
Miracle Mile Advisors is an independent, nationally-ranked investment advisory firm with offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Portland, Chicago, and more. We specialize in providing sophisticated financial planning and investment advice to high-net-worth families and we love what we do. Our firm has received numerous awards and we are featured in Forbes, Barron’s, CNBC, and other top media outlets. We have also been named a Best Place to Work by Investment News and Inc. Magazine multiple years in a row. As the firm rapidly expands, we have some amazing career opportunities for self-motivated, team-oriented professionals.
Miracle Mile Advisors is seeking a Chief Investment Officer (CIO). The CIO will be an effective and contributing member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) reporting to the CEO and will spearhead the firm’s investment committee. The CIO will lead the investment team dedicated to delivering innovative investment solutions to their clients and will adeptly respond to the firm’s rapid growth. The CIO will also be a key participant in M&A activities to increase the firm’s market share and national footprint. The role can be located in one of their following offices, Los Angeles or Sausalito, CA or Seattle, WA. The right candidate will be skilled at evaluating potential investment opportunities, making appropriate recommendations, and crafting dynamic and actionable communication pieces for various platforms and audiences. The chosen candidate is a highly motivated, empathetic, and self-driven individual who is undaunted by complex investment portfolios. In addition, the CIO must be a quick study who possesses a high degree of intellectual curiosity and is comfortable engaging in hypothetical discussions. Mission-critical skills of this role include the inherent acumen in synthesizing data, reports, and other macro analyses, translating them in a way that is beneficial and actionable to client-facing executives and other members of MMA.
The CIO must possess a keen ability for recognizing the appropriate timing to step away from the micro-level analyses and focus on the big picture.
- Collaborate with leadership and the investment committee to develop the firm’s long- and short-term investment philosophy and strategies consistent with the firm’s vision, strategy, and client value proposition.
- Quickly earn the confidence of the firm’s partners and employees through thoughtful investment platform construction and execution.
- Ensure that the Investments Team is structured in most effective way to deliver investment results and support MMA’s advisors with investment insights.
- Implement and evolve the firm’s investment philosophy, strategies, and processes spanning all core asset classes.
- Oversee portfolio managers and their respective analyst teams and ensure the appropriate tools necessary are in place to evaluate and implement portfolios on behalf of MMA’s clients.
- Possess and employ the appropriate level of gravitas and demonstrated ability to become a trusted resource and investment advisor.
- Expand the firm’s current alternative investments offering, including the development of an appropriate due diligence function.
- Continue to conduct due diligence on innovative solutions as our industry evolves to ensure that we are delivering optimal investment solutions for our multi-generational client and prospect base.
- Oversee the execution & trading team to ensure the function operates in a thoughtful and timely manner to so as to successfully execute firm and client directives in a low error environment.
- Assist the firm in achieving our M&A goals by clearly and authentically representing our investment philosophy and platform to potential acquisition and advisor lift-out targets.
- Be laser-focused on maintaining and growing MMA’s clients’ wealth in a thoughtful, opportunistic, and responsible manner.
- Deliver to stated investment performance expectations and proactively manage MMA portfolios.
- Be a consensus builder who understands that tone and trust matter and can take complex investment ideas, simplify them, and achieve “buy-in” from all constituents.
- Create consistent, easily digestible communication for firm, advisor and client audiences. Create a position of thought leader among the investment and RIA community.
- Consistent with the firm’s commitment to innovation, the CIO must own expertise in all public and private markets. New structures that are presented must be analyzed and vetted, not only for their potential for positive investment return, but risks inherent in those structures.
- Manage investment activity in a proactive manner to allow MMA to support its operations which includes working with the Executive Leadership Team, Private Equity Partner and Board to ensure the appropriate business risk is being respected across all of the firm’s investments.
- Analyze and monitor critical macroeconomic issues for their potential impact on clients’ investment portfolios.
- Oversee the selection and training of all new employees in investment-related activities and evaluate performance.
- Provide regular communication to executive management regarding changes in regulations, risks, portfolio performance, and market factors affecting valuation of related financial instruments under management.
- Monitor industry and market trends and provide updates and information to the firm.
- Proactively seek out attend/capture speaking opportunities at relevant conferences towards raising the firm’s profile with peers and clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both internally and externally with a high degree of ownership in delivering actionable communications.
- Expert in managing the full spectrum of equity investments, fixed income, and alternative strategies for the company.
- Ability to work independently and possess a strong sense of accountability/ownership.
- Appreciate the greater value in working collaboratively rather than individually. Ability to influence colleagues and form a consensus in order to strive for optimal performance toward shared goals.
- Possess and promote the highest degree of ethical standards and integrity.
- Experience qualifying and investing in external managers sourced from a cultivated, broad network.
- A passion for investments as an intellectual pursuit, and a desire to lead others toward accomplishing team goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Professional designation such as CFA, CMT, MBA, etc. or advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years’ experience in financial services.
- 10+ years of experience in portfolio management, preferably return generation strategies, asset classes, and various alternative investment products.
- Demonstrated leadership skills such as organizing, problem solving, decision-making, planning, and active listening.
Why Work at Miracle Mile Advisors?
- Competitive compensation structure
- 401(k) Plan with Employer matching
- Employer health savings account
- Medical & vision insurance
- Continuing education support
- Miracle Mile is passionate about our people. We invest a ton of time, energy and resources in our people, and they are genuinely excited to call Miracle Mile home.
- Salary range: $250,000-$400,000
This role is an in-office and full-time position with flexibility for remote work under certain one-off circumstances.